Program run failure issue

Hello,

I am learning Cube by myself and wanted to replicate the Cubetown Analyst Demonstration Model. I can run the model from the Cubetown catalogue but the application does not run when I import or build it in a catalogue of my own. This is happening despite entering the keys correctly. The program I am particularly facing issues with is the Highway Program. Whenever I run it, it returns the message that highway program has failed. I would be really grateful if anyone could point out the reason(s) behind this issue and what I should do to solve it.

Thank you

@Muntasir, could you provide a graphics of the issue, particularly how you have it set up and what the message shows. An additional item you may want to do is to activate the run report file to see what the computer outputs as issues.

@DanielMiller, Thank you for your response. I haven’t actually set it up but have only added the default application to a new catalogue with the required keys and data. Although it runs in the default Discover Cube catalogue, the highway assignment program fails in the catalogue I have created. The relevant screenshots are attached with this reply. I hope it helps you guess the reason behind the issue I’m facing. I have been stuck at this for more than a week now and would really appreciate any sort of help at this stage.

Hi Muntasir,

What you shared is the ‘Run Report File’. Please look at the ‘Program Print File’ or .PRN file. Open it and search for F(. This will give you an idea of where/what the error is? I hope it helps.

Thank you.
Vipul

@vipulmodi, Thank you for helping me detect the issue. I have attached a screenshot for the error statement but am a bit clueless on how to solve it or why it is occuring. As I have just added the application to a new catalogue, it is possible that I am missing some input parameter setting for which this is occuring. It would be a big help if you could spare some time and help me solve this.

Thank you

Hi Muntasir,

In your script you have an additional 1 in front of PARAMETERS. Please remove 1 and run the script again.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.
Vipul

Could you share the script file you have in Highway Assignment?

Hi Muntasir,

Judging from the snapshot you replied to Vipul, it seems you have a typo in the script. I see “1PARAMETERS” where is should just say “PARAMETERS”. Please get rid of the “1” (see below). It is located on line 21 of your script.

The issue has been resolved. Thanks a lot for your help, could not have done it without your guidance.

@vipulmodi, @DanielMiller I was able to solve the issue last time by removing the unnecessary “1” in front of the parameter but now I’m facing another issue where a few more problems have popped up. I would be really grateful if you could help me out with these. The relevant files have been attached within this message for reference. Just a reminder, I am trying to recreate the cube analyst demonstration model so the input files are the same as used for that application.

RCHWY00A.PRN (4.2 KB) RCHWY00A.S (2.8 KB)